Martin (Marty) Lupinetti brings 25+ years of healthcare-public sector experience providing executive leadership, strategic planning, governance, policy and technology implementation and deployment oversight to a variety of healthcare and public sector entities in the region. His engagement with the HSX effort began in the fall of 2011 in a consulting role through the North Highland Company, in which Martin led development of the initial business plan, governance, and financial sustainability model for HealthShare Exchange.
Marty and his accomplished staff at HSX now work with more than 50 member/participant hospitals, insurers, ambulatory practices, and other healthcare facilities to establish health information exchange capabilities that include Direct, Enhanced Direct, ENS, and Query services. These technologies have already begun to make patient clinical information available electronically and securely to the area’s insurers, medical centers, and practice offices to support more-informed patient care at the point of care.
At the North Highland Company, Marty was a Principal and Public Sector Lead, managing efforts in Health IT and the public sector in the region. Prior work history includes Deloitte Consulting, PwC, and CSC, where he focused on large IT management, shared services, project management and software development consulting services and support. Below is a sampling of his additional health-IT-related project work experience:
- State of New Jersey - Program and Account Manager supporting Governor’s Office/HIT Coordinators Office and Department of Health – Strategic, Operational Planning for Statewide Health IT Program effort, yielding over $11M in ONC grant funds to support implementation and oversight of six regional health exchanges.
- Large Hospital in Philadelphia - Definition of HIE strategy with area affiliate hospitals in PA, NJ, and DE.
- Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers – Leveraging North Highland community services, offering project management best practices and HIE vendor selection support.
- Burlington County Community College – Leveraging North Highland community services, supported HIT workforce development and certification programs kickoff.
- State of New Jersey – Department of Human Services – Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services - Developed State Medicaid Health IT plan yielding grant planning funds for the State and initiating the statewide EHR incentive grant program.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania – Working with Department of Public Welfare, regional and national CMS, led effort on behalf of HSX to receive a CMS grant to enable start-up of this regional health information exchange.
- State of New Jersey – Supported work to prepare the State’s Immunization Information System (NJIIS) Registry for statewide health information exchange.
- Member of PA eHealth Collaborative HIE Certification and Policy Tiger Teams to enable statewide health information exchange.
Recent Presentations and Publications:
- NJ-DV HIMSS– Connecting Dots around HIT - 2011
- MMIS 2011– A Heath IT PMO - 2012
- Behavior Health Panel- Pharmaceutical-Jefferson University – School of Population Health – 2012
- NJ-DV HIMSS – The Journey of the SE PA Health Information Organization - 2012
- Medicaid Enterprise System Conference (MESC) - An HIE Roadmap to Improve Health Outcomes: HealthShare of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Inc. – 2012
- Medicaid Enterprise System Conference (MESC) - HIE Long-Term Financial Sustainability - HealthShare Exchange - 2013
- DVHIMSS Winter Symposium – Transforming Healthcare and Improving Patient Care in the Greater Philadelphia Region – 2014
Marty serves as secretary of the board of the Delaware Valley Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (DVHIMSS) and chairs programs/events for DVHIMSS.