When patients present to urgent care centers, it is common for a clinician to have to make a decision or treatment plan without any previous clinical data about the patient. HealthShare Exchange (HSX) is able to provide these organizations valuable information about patients when they need it most. Urgent care centers are able to leverage the information in the HSX clinical data repository to make more informed care decisions and eliminate time spent with patients collecting their past medical history.
- Direct Secure Messaging (DIRECT)/ Provider Directory (PD)
- Point-to-point exchange of clinical information between providers’ direct addresses using the national Direct Project standards — included, but not limited to, sending of continuity of care (C-CDA) documents with discharge information and referrals for transitions of care. HSX can offer direct addresses to providers and organizations as needed.
- The HSX Provider Directory contains direct addresses for healthcare providers who actively participate with HSX; interoperability testing is completed before providers’ direct addresses are added to the PD.
- DIRECT allows urgent care centers to communicate electronically with a patient’s primary care provider or make referrals directly to specialty practices (e.g. Orthopedics).
- Clinical Data Repository
- Collects and retains medical-records data about patients, permitting a patient’s provider and/or care-team members to query for clinical information about the patient.
- Urgent care providers have the opportunity to access the CDR through the HSX query portal or through EHR integration.
- Clinical Data Repository (CDR) Overview
- Clinical Activity History (CAH)
- Collects recent clinical history about a patient from the patient’s healthcare insurer, based on the patient’s member identification within the health plan and translates this claims/utilization data to a clinical care document — returning this information to the requesting provider.
- Admission, discharge, transfer (ADT) feeds trigger the clinical activity history documents to be delivered for eligible patients.
- Download our Clinical Activity History Overview
By participating with HSX, urgent care centers can:
- Query the clinical data repository for patients’ longitudinal healthrecords across HSX-member organizations to make more informed treatment and care plans
- Communicate electronically with peer providers using direct secure messaging and the HSX provider directory
- Receive claims data from HSX-member health plans in the form of a readable, consumable document, resulting in increased awareness of patients’ previous medical acitivty and potential decreases in duplication of services and testing